Pesticide Continuing Education Credits
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Please use this page to stay updated on the pesticide education courses coming up in Person and Granville County for Private Pesticide Applicators. Please click on the topic you are interested in to take you to the upcoming events for credits and recertification.
Commercial All-Category Training
Fumigant Applicator Recertification
Upper Piedmont Corn Meeting
- March 23, 2023 @ 8:00 a.m.
- Granville County Convention & Expo Center (4185 US-15, Oxford, NC)
- Breakfast will be served.
- 2 hours of NODX Credit
- Registration Required: go.ncsu.edu/upperpiedmontcorn2023
2023 Wheat Whistle Stop Field Day
- April 12th, 2023 @ 8:30 a.m.
- 4092 Salem Road, Oxford, NC
- Breakfast snacks and drinks will be available
- 1 hour of NODX pesticide recertification credit
- Registration Required: go.ncsu.edu/2023whistlestop
Classroom Pesticide Courses
There are currently no classroom pesticide credits scheduled. We will do another round of these trainings around August/September. Please watch for this information in your email and mailbox, as an email and letter will be sent out.
Commercial All-Category Training – TBD
V-Credits – TBD
X-Credits – TBD
Other Recertification Requirements
NC State Extension plans to continue the Auxin Herbicides-Best Management Practices for 2023 in a hybrid format. In addition to the NCSU Extension training, applicators are welcome to fulfill their training requirement via training offered by manufacturers. See below for details related to trainings offered by BASF, Bayer, and Syngenta.
Although encouraged, applicators using the Enlist products are NOT required to receive training.
Live Zoom: 2023 Auxin Herbicides-Best Management Practices
Description: Drs. Charlie Cahoon and Wesley Everman will offer 5 Live Zoom training options. See training dates below. All Live Zoom trainings will start at 8:30 a.m. Please see schedule in the chart below for options to join the Zoom session.
- Registration is required before attendee can join the Live Zoom training (this can be completed just before joining the Zoom session).
- Attendee must include name, email address, phone number, county, and NCDA&CS Certification/License number at registration.
- To receive credit for a virtual training, NCDA&CS requires the following of all attendees:
- Identity verification at the beginning of the course and after any breaks
- Active participation by each attendee throughout course to ensure attendee is present (polling questions will be used for Live Zoom meetings).
- Attendance must be taken at the end of the course.
- No partial credit is given for those that arrive late or leave early.
*PLEASE CONTACT Mikayla Graham Berryhill (firstname.lastname@example.org) FOR THE Zoom LINK AND PASSCODE*
IN-PERSON “Viewing Session” of Live Zoom
The Extension Offices of Person and Granville County will also offer in person viewing sessions of two of the live zooms. The RED highlighted session will be screened at the Person County Office, and the GREEN session will be screened at the Granville County office. Please call Mikayla Graham to register.
Training Dates (all Live Zoom meetings start at 8:30 a.m.):
|Date||Time||Day of week|
|1||January 19||8:30 a.m.||Thursday|
|2||February 14||8:30 a.m.||Tuesday|
|3||February 22||8:30 a.m.||Wednesday|
|4||March 14||8:30 a.m.||Tuesday|
|5||March 29||8:30 a.m.||Wednesday|
Manufacturer’s Training Options
- BASF – Any applicator who is planning to apply a dicamba-based herbicide on a dicamba-tolerant cropping system is required to take annual dicamba applicator training. To learn more about training and opportunities available from BASF, please visit https://www.engeniaherbicide.com/training.html. Training sessions will be loaded in early 2023 and include online, in-person, and live webinar options.
- Bayer – Bayer encourages any individual seeking information on dicamba training to visit: Dicamba Training and Application Requirements | Roundup Ready® Xtend Crop System (roundupreadyxtend.com). On this page, you will find information on 2 different training options and are able to register for the method that best suits your learning preference. You will also find many additional resources available to you.
- Self-Paced Online Training
- Guided Live Webinar Training & Limited In-person events
- The site also contains many additional resources
- Syngenta – Below is the link to access the Syngenta dicamba training module. It is found under the Supporting Materials section by clicking the Visit Dicamba Training box. https://www.syngenta-us.com/herbicides/tavium?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7bucBhCeARIsAIOwr–Oq4Nimyktt-GeQFJGjTmuHtsmB95zEIo70Tk7U2_zl3rnZYtouCUaAg5QEALw_wcB
Visit the following link to access the training, or contact your County Extension Center for assistance: Online paraquat training
Fumigant Applicator Recertification – TBD
There will be a fumigant applicator training following one or more V credit training dates around August/September. Check back around that time for more information
Respirator Fit Test – TBD
There are currently no respirator fit tests scheduled. There will be opportunities to have a fit test during the winter. Please check back in then.